Monday, July 2, 2012

Dublin Day 1-2

yay !!! dublin! sooo ... lets see.. the first day a group of us went out (10 or so) to our very first pub(The Blarney Inn) to eat... i got chix strips and tried a guiness yuck. so i stuck with my Malibu and cranberry! after that i went and explored with a girl im rooming with named Way... i took wonderful pictures of this park we stumbled upon! and then we found a street with tons of shops and people and street performers! this little girl was seriously Irish dancing !? not sure if thats the correct term but oh well! anyway i LOVE european style. it'S so classy. like skinny jeans and cardigans and sweaters snd RED OR BLUE OR GREEN pants. like whoah. i love the streets. its so beautiful.. they are made of cobblestone .. i havent seen cement yet!

so after that we went to the pub in our hotel to watch the Euro cup ("futbol").. we figured out to to root for Spain by the loud cheers from the bar haha ... i was pooped. but surprisingly entertained for watching soccer.. it was a nice little group out!

so today [day 2 of Dublin]


we woke up at 8 to eat breakfast -which by the way continental breakfast is way more fruity in Ireland .. then we had a tour of the city by bus, stopped at St. Patrick's cathedral ( saw tons of Celtic crosses that reminded me of Marks tattoos) then went to see the Book of Kells. i heard this amazing quote -i can resist anything nut temptation by Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker also studied at Trinity College where I was! I actuakky read Dracula in school too.. and watched the movie!! He married Oscar Wildes old girlfriend.. i guess great writers have great taste haha

it was really interesting because the book cases were as tall as the ceilings and they stacked them from smallest at the top to largest at the bottom. it was such an old library. like it dost them 30 euros to put in a staircase back then! they asked the parliment for 3 grand to repair all of thedamage from vandalism during the war when only two priests were guarding the place.
 after that we went to Phoenix Park- stephanie I thought of you.. there was a huge monument of a Pheonix rising from the ashes.. The US Ambassador who owns the Steelers lives there too! nice house, how do i become one..

whe i got lost yesterday i passed the beautiful building that looked like apartments . i found out they are Georgian style homes back then and they sre HUGE inside . like these people had maids amd stuff. amyway.. the story is that whenQueen Victoria died the britstold the Irish to paint all their doors black to mourn her. but they werent fond of being told wht to do so each door is painted a differemt very vibrsnt color! thats what i want when i hsbe a house!
afterwards a grouo if us attempted to go to the Kilmainham Gaol( Irish prison) we walked atleast 1 1/2 hours are realized our directions were faulty haha. in the end we discoverd a wonderful little shop where i got a tuna melt with corn and pesto and red onions and garlic mayo amd DELICIOUSNESS. i got that and egg salade for 4 euros!!  it was a steal!! it started raining so we turned around. can i say. the amount of platinum blondes is redic! its like i... fit in. its craz-ay!!! so anyway we took the Luas ( like a train sort of) back. we walked thru the shopping street again and i stopped at Topman, did i talk about ths
at store yet!???? Ahhhh its like better than Urban Outfitters, fantastic. i got a MUSTACHE NECKLACE ah!!! and a bunch of other jewlery for only 7 euros...! it was 70% off!!!! cashed my travelers check, bah. got 35 euros for my 50 dollars!
we are doing a welcome dinner tonight and a irish style pub crawl after! tomorrow were going to Glendalock... (spelling?) its the irish countryside.. if its not everything like PS I Love You.. i want a refund haha. im excited :)


8 comments:

  1. LOLOL I LOVE YOU!!!! I'm glad you're having a good time! and I want to see your necklace!!!! I loveeee youuuuu and keep having fun :) (and work on your spelling, Jesus!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to assume this is stephanie :) based on your "lolol" .. my spelling is atrocious because my tablet wasn't being friendly and letting me tap on the screen while I typed haha.. its a pain..the next post should be a little better.. love and miss youuuu :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Maggie,

    Wow, I am exhausted reading about your adventure. I can't wait to experience Ireland for myself! And yes, guinness - yuck I agree. Sounds like you are having an awesome time. And I attribute the spelling errors to the fact that you are typing as fast as you talk!?

    Miss you,
    Barbalarb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbalarb!!! H you will LOVE it.. it is just getting better and better!! It is so very different in every aspect!! Haha you are exactly right!! I hardly remember everything I do too!! I am tapping my little fingers like a fine!

      Miss you! Hope works not too much of a drsb (im starting to adapt an accent)

      Delete
  3. It all sounds wonderful! I am quite jealous! Oh that library you spoke of sounds beautiful! I will give them the three grand to fix everything up, plus throw in free labor, as long as they don't mind my issues with turning books in late!!! The Book of Kells!!!!!! Ahhhh what I would give to see that in person! Take lovely pictures of the countryside, meet wonderful people! They will al love you no worries! Who cares if they are rude, smile more then, they seem to not like that!! Well enjoy lovely!!!

    Miss you bunches! Even if you do seem to wake me up with phone calls all the time :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I know you would be in heaven! I thought of you the entire time! Haha that was wayyyy back when silly ;) I'm SURE you would!! They actually had priests live there and guard it and then work during the day, talk about being swamped at work lol.haaaaa you and me both!! My moms telling the truth. My library habits are horrible like yours, I'm surprised they let me in lol. The book of kells was just written soooooo perfectly. It looks printed almost. But it was hand done and with like different stones for color..

      Wonderful advice Liz, I'll take it to heart.. I actually wandered off from my group today and found myself amongst a tour group of Germans.. haha they didn't care for my smiles either haha

      And you love my wake up calls. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Mags!
    Sounds like you are having a great time! Can't wait to see all your pictures. Glad you and your hair is fitting in! Lol. I see that you an Liz are late returning items to the library! Why do you want a refund? We're you providing the directions when your group got lost? Just kidding! Love you lots- stay safe, be careful and of course have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mama!! Are you reading these to the kids?! Probably can skip over the pubs haha. Char might enjoy it tho...mbtw.. we sang Call Me Maybe at the end of the night Hahahha! Yesssd I suppose we are haha!! I have horrid luck at libraries .. gosh I keep trying to navigate and realize I'm completely wrong in the end, I would be so stranded living in a city. I definitely am having a great time.. btw kids on the trip bought a hampster Hahah .. interesting people...

      Delete